Here is an overview of a typical group class:
- Arrive 15 minutes early, hang up your keys, pet the dog, and say hello to your fellow CrossFitters.
- Begin your CrossFit Warm Up- Baby elephants, sit ups, push ups, pull ups, squats, jog down the street and back, ect.
- Your Coach explains the Workout of the Day (WOD) to the class, which consists of a list of exercises for you to complete as quickly as you can while under the watchful eye Coach.
- Your Coach will ensure that each CrossFitter’s workout is scaled (or modified) to their fitness level and need.
- The class takes their starting positions and the Coach gives the countdown- 3, 2, 1-GO! This is where the intensity kicks in!
- Each CrossFitter goes along at their own pace, but keep in mind, the clock is ticking! This is why we call it the sport of fitness!
- You finish the WOD and yell “TIME!”
- Your Coach writes your time on the white board next to everyone else for that day’s WOD.
- You pick a spot in front of the fan or you plop down on the floor and catch your breath, drink some water, pet the dog, chat with your fellow CFOIB members and sign up for the next class!